Thursday, September 2, 2010

Borrowing a Recipe Thursday: Barbeque Ribs

A Barbeque recipe was requested, because of just how many sauces have high fructose corn syrup in them. (It really is everywhere!)

As a barbeque lover, one would think I have an old stand-by recipe, but I don't. So, I've been thinking about this. Where should I go for a recipe? Which style of barbeque should I model? I was thinking myself into in-action.

Then, I stumbled across this rib recipe over at Big Dreams for a Simple Life. I haven't tried this myself, but it looks like a fairly traditional and straightforward sauce. Not too sweet like a molasses sauce, not too vinegary like an eastern North Carolina sauce.

I'm not giving up my search, but I wanted to let you know the progress thus far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting a link to my site! The BBQ sauce won't let you down. Although, if your not a heat lover beware of the dry rub - it's spicey! Here's a direct link to the recipe if you don't want to hunt for it later.

http://bigdreamsforasimplelife.blogspot.com/2010/08/friday-recipes-amazing-ribs.html

cam.robbins said...

Thanks for you search...I thought it might be a lost cause but that recipe looks good. Suddenly my oatmeal breakfast looks lacking. BBQ ribs is an appropriate breakfast, right?