Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Over and outta here

You may notice even less-frequent postings by me for a while, as we will be going on vacation. (a real vacation! not just days off!) I have no idea if I'll have/utilize the internet while away, so I have no idea if I'll be able to post.

We get to spend some time with family, and some on our own. We will also be picking up some furniture from my parents. Very, very exciting.

There will be a lot of driving, which isn't so frugal, but my husband just changed the oil in our car (himself - so frugal!), and out car gets pretty good gas mileage. (It's no hybrid or electric, but it is no gas-guzzler, either.) We will be staying in a few hotels, but mainly, we will be spending time with family, which will cut down our food and lodging expenses. Realize, though, that we like our family, and relish the opportunity to spend time with them (and them with us), since we've not lived in the same city as they have since we got married. So, this strategy works for us. Even if we had tons'o'cash, we would still spend the night with family. Just how we are.

I look forward to having options for dining this time while traveling, and not feeling constricted to the hotel restaurant!

One thing to think about when you leave your home for extended periods, of course, is the house's safety. We do have someone who will be stopping by to pull in mail, and put our trash can by the road. (He's also free to harvest any of the many tomatoes that have recently started growing, if they don't freeze) We also are in a small town, with mainly retired neighbors who will not hesitate to call the police if they see something suspicious. That, plus knowing that the things the really matter (husband and dog!) will not be in the house, should something go wrong, makes me feel much better about leaving.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Thousand Pennies said...

Have fun!

queenofthisheremanor said...

Hope you have (had) a great vacation! New follower here via the Green Blog Hop. Would love to have you stop by my blog and follow me back. :-)

http://www.peasloveandcamelot.wordpress.com